Menu
AQasimA
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping out

Hi guys,

Really need some help internet keeps dropping out 3-4 times a day for a few weeks now. Sometimes for a minute and sometimes 45 minutes. No problems show up when I run a test. Never had any problems when I was BT.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

Hi AQasimA, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear that your internet keeps dropping out, I apologise for any troubles incurred, I promise to do my best to help get this resolved for you.

I have tested your connection from this end and I noticed that all of your downstream power levels are too low, you're only locking onto one upstream channel and the power level for that channel is too high with a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs. So it would seem that you're connection has gone a bit wonky! lol.

I will need to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AQasimA
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Still experiencing problems with this after 4 months and numerous visits from engineers still nothing. I'm I should be entitled to some service fault credit by now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello there AQasimA,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems. When I check your Hub today I can see that your SNR levels are out of range. To resolve this I will need to arrange for another engineer to call around. I'll drop you a PM to arrange a visit.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dsb2hkp
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Heather

we are having the same problem as AQasimA

it's driving me completely up the wall and I am using all my mobile date up so is actually costing me money - could you run the same tests on my line please?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AQasimA,

I'm sorry that you have continued issues with your broadband connection. There is no network fault reported for your area, this is why I've arranged the upcoming appointment for you.

If you would like to discuss cancelling your service, you will need to give us a call on 150 (Free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), as the Forum Team aren't able to request this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dsb2hkp
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Terri

we are having the same problem as AQasimA
it's driving me completely up the wall and I am using all my mobile date up so is actually costing me money - could you run the same tests on my line please?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dsb2hkp,

Welocme to the forums, I am sorry to see you have also been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you only having trouble with a wireless connection or are you also having trouble when the connection is wired? 

Pop the hub into Modem only mode, with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if it makes a difference. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos