Menu
felixlo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping occassionally

I have noticed that my internet is dropping occasionally.  I managed to capture one occassion in the logs below:

Network Log- "DHCP WAN IP -  *************" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:36:23 GMT.
Network Log- "TOD established" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:35:46 GMT.
Network Log- "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:35:20 GMT.
Network Log- "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:35:20 GMT.
Network Log- "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:35:11 GMT.
Network Log- "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:35:11 GMT.
Network Log- "Downstream Locked Successfully" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:35:02 GMT.
Network Log- "DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4" happen in time 06/11/2016 23:34:26 GMT.

In that instance, it recovered very quickly - within a minute, but in other occasions this can be almost 10-15 minutes.  This happens at least once a day.  Normally I do not need to restart my router for it to recover by itself.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping occassionally

For future reference it is not a good idea to post your WAN IP on a public forum and I have flagged this with the mods to edit out the IP.

In addition to the log already posted, it would be helpful to see the figures from the Downstream & Upstream sections of the hub.  If you could copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screen shots if that is easier.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up to a week) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping occassionally

Hi felixlo,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and everything is showing great at the moment. Are you still experiencing drop-outs?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos