Menu
Ewhybro
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet down-flashing red arrows

I live in London E16, our internet has been completly down since Friday evening. Are there reported issues or is this isolated to my internet?

Many thanks,
Emma Whybro
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Karee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet down-flashing red arrows

Got a text today saying that issue has been fixed - two hours later got an email and a text stating that the issue hasn't been fixed and yet another (3rd) postpone of the fix time to tomorrow morning (10am).

Someone at my building has left a note on the corridor stating that "Chased VM again today, eta 10pm today. Supposedly there is an engineer on site".

Will not recommend VM to anyone anymore after this. Six days without broadband and no updates on fix whatsoever until heavy chase.

All Replies
Yoyo360
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am also in London E16. My internet was also down since Fri. Looks like we are not the only people having the same problem here.

0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin media broadband outage - yes me too in e16. Not been told when it will be restored .
0 Kudos
Karee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here and I live in E16 area as well (in one of the newly builts).

Customer services refunded some credit for the lost service, but this is still disappointing.

Yesterday Customer Services booked an engineer appointment, which was automatically cancelled an hour later as an issue was found in the area. The engineer was supposed to visit the area and fix the issue by 1:05pm, but nothing was done.

I chased them and got another email and text saying that the issue should be fixed tomorrow March 22nd by 1:05pm (postponed by 24h and the status is still "engineer is on his/her way").

Automated text states incident id F005179083.

I've had the contract for less than a month and seriously start considering terminating it if this continues.
Karee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Got a text today saying that issue has been fixed - two hours later got an email and a text stating that the issue hasn't been fixed and yet another (3rd) postpone of the fix time to tomorrow morning (10am).

Someone at my building has left a note on the corridor stating that "Chased VM again today, eta 10pm today. Supposedly there is an engineer on site".

Will not recommend VM to anyone anymore after this. Six days without broadband and no updates on fix whatsoever until heavy chase.
Peperempe
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the same shoes Karee, I am beyond frustrated at this point. I live in one of the new builds and have had the issue since Friday. I am wondering why we were giving different fault number for the same issue in the same area? Mine is F005174669. Last night I was told it'd be fixed at 8:30pm, that is after getting a text earlier saying it had been fixed.

I'm wondering if there is a way of making complaints to Ofcom and ISPA? Six days without service is ridiculous and even worse, we aren't being given any reliable information on when to expect a fix.

0 Kudos
Karee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Would definitely be interested in complaining to Ofcom as this is beyond unacceptable.

I've received false texts three times today stating that the issue has been fixed. Best way is to reply "help" to all of them to ensure someone actually visits the area.

Was told yesterday and earlier today that someone is at the building, but that seemed like a bold lie. Today they said that the engineer got access to the "basement".

Seriously, how hard is it to get in touch with the engineer to actually do something??
0 Kudos
Yoyo360
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I supposed to have technician booked this morning but they never show. This has happened for 3 times. And they don't even notify me. This is beyond what i can accpet right now. Almost one week without internet, it is like a quarter of a month which I have paid for the service. Plus, their information is not reliable. Too ridiculous !!
0 Kudos