Menu
scoobydo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet down RM7 area

All at about 15:45 today the Internet went down. Router not getting a public IP address no connection to dhcp or tftp both upstream and downstream no locks. Virgin media page says problem in area with webmail. Help desk has said need an engineer to visit next Thursday but I reckon something else wrong not an internal issue as router is working fine. have asked if they can see network element in the cab in the street and this just drew a blank like I was an alien

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet down RM7 area

reason for engineer would be trace to fault from home to cabinet since could be issue with cable etc. signal imbalance etc.. the support person has ability to do a check on how many hubs online/offline in your area.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet down RM7 area

Hi scoobydoo, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to learn that you've been having issues with your connection being down, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are at the lower end of the scale, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos