Menu
lornamcg79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet continually dropping out

My Internet has been constantly going down for about a week now. I had an engineer out a few weeks ago as it had completely gone offline altogether. also my wireless signal on all my mobile devices is really poor even when I'm sitting right next to the router. I'm getting really fed up paying for a service that barely works. Can someone have a look and find out what's going on, I'd like this issue fixed once and for all
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet continually dropping out

Hi lornamcg79, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your internet dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these troubles? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When the connection drops is there any change to the Hubs light sequence?

Also, does this occur across all devices?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lornamcg79, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your internet dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these troubles? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When the connection drops is there any change to the Hubs light sequence?

Also, does this occur across all devices?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

lornamcg79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam and thanks for your reply. I had already typed a reply and tried to send it and once again no Internet connection!
The issue is with both my wired connection and all of my wireless devices, I'm unsure if the lights stay the same. Once my connection is lost it it comes back about 5 minutes later then seems to go through a cycle of dropping out every half an hour or so.
I've had an engineer out twice, once last year and again a few weeks ago. It works for a while then starts going wrong again. I'm fed up having to call virgin getting through to someone overseas and having to fight to get someone out to look at it, there is an issue with my Internet which obviously hasn't been sorted, I'm paying for a service that is extremely unreliable, I need it sorted once and for all.

Kind regards
Lorna
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi lornamcg, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

I have had another look at this today and I can see that your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too low, I would likt to arrange for the Principal technician of your area to attend and investigate this, that way he can adjust the signals and if there's anything that would need to be raised to networks for further investigation he can do so.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos