Menu
paulgardner99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection repeatedly dropping since weekend

My broadband connection in Area 22 has been repeatedly dropping since Saturday (Superhub 2ac green up/down arrows LED is flashing when this happens), then restarts within a minute or two. My connection since I moved here in 2012 has been perfectly stable until this started happening.

I have tried using a different DNS server, e.g. the Google one at 8.8.8.8, but the dropouts still happen.

Service status says "No known issues". I have tried clicking the test several times and get the message "We're trying to sort it out for you. In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us." 

But when I come back to the service status screen after a few minutes away, it's still saying "No known issues".

So is it possible that the router has developed a fault?

0 Kudos
rumple9
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection repeatedly dropping since weekend

Exactly the same problem here - Area 22 - started dropping out for about a minute on Friday night 25th November. drops seem to occur around 20 past and 20 to the hour. equipment tests say everything is fine but network log reports :

Critical (3)82000200No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
paulgardner99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection repeatedly dropping since weekend

It seems that VM has now resolved this, as I haven't experienced any dropouts for several days now.

0 Kudos