Menu
chrisispk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet Drops and bad Speeds

Hi today 26/02/17 round 5:30 pm i started getting random internet drops and very slow speeds of 0.01 download. i wouldnt even call that internet as all pages show not connected. ive done a reboot on the superhub loads of times which does get me back on and i do get full speeds of 150/10 but after 2 minutes of it been connected it drops right down to 0.01 and i loose internet again. sometimes when i reboot the modem i get DNS Error i have checked all my wires and checked to see if they are all connected and in the right places and they all seem good. could you please tell me if there is any faults in my area. ive had bad speeds about 5 months ago and that took almost a year to get fixed. im not very happy right now as i dont want to go through all that again with my internet been slow and not usable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Drops and bad Speeds

Hi chrisispk,

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your internet drops and slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and all of your downstream power levels are too low and will need to be looked at by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello chrisispk

Thanks for getting back, I have booked you an engineer, please check your forum private messages for details. Good luck with the visit, if you have a moment please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
chrisispk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi i will Repost after ive tested net for a few days, but sofar everything seems good.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello chrisispk

Brilliant, thanks for the update, all levels looking good at the moment, fingers crossed!

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
chrisispk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Results are in, its been 7 days since i had my internet fixed, in them 7 days ive not had a single drop in internet, my speed hasnt even dropped below 160meg. it looks like my problem is now fixed, thanks.

//chris

0 Kudos