Menu
G0nz0w
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internal connection wires

Hi there,

Just moved to a new address and transferred services from the old. The new address has the Virgin box in the living room, but it has a twin wire coming from the box and I think the connection is internal in the box.

Should this be one wire for TV and one for broadband or do I need to use the splitter from one and leave the other one disconnected?

The old address just had one output from the wall?

Thanks in advance,

Gary
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internal connection wires

Sounds like you have a cable outlet with the old type isolator/diplexer that was originally installed when cable used to carry analogue FM radio services. If this is the case only one of the cables will have the correct "F" type screw connector to fit to your equipment. The other disused cable will be a female push-in coax socket.

Any doubts then post some pics & we will have a look.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
G0nz0w
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internal connection wires

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I think I've found the answer looking through here. I believe it's an old internal box from the NTL days, and both the connections are f type screws, one going to the tivo and one to the router instead of having the single from the box then an external splitter. The service doesn't get turned back on till tomorrow so can't check it till then, but I'll get some pics and post them here with the outcome when possible.

Thanks,

Gary
0 Kudos