Menu
bossk128
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent drop out: T3 dropouts

Hi all,

I'm one of the many here who seem to be experiencing internet drop outs. It's not quite daily, but is way too often to ignore. It regularly ruins Netflix streaming and online gamin, both of which can't be temporarily offloaded onto mobile (which is helpful in the short term for browsing/email but hardly a solution).

Reading up others issues my network log regularly (on network issues) has the "Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" error. Very occasionally, the router will pick the connection back up after 2-3 minutes. Mostly I have to resort to fault finding on the service status page: I'm informed there is a problem, but the process sorts it for me. This has always worked but it's a proper pain in the backside, and takes about 15 minutes total to resolve.

Looking at my network status (pasted below) my upstream power seems to be high at 52dBmV. I've since found out here approaching 55 this is bad.

Is there anything I can do, or is this a network problem? The installer seemed to think that spurring a cable from an existing one "would work" (I'm in a block of flats): is this an issue with too many connections on one cable or something?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Bossk128

Upstream
US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 1 N/A N/A 2
Frequency (Hz) 45800000 N/A N/A 35800000
Ranging Status Success N/A N/A Success
Modulation 64QAM N/A N/A 64QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 1280000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 52.00 N/A N/A 52.00
T1 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T2 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T3 Timeouts 3 0 0 0
T4 Timeouts 0 0 0 0

0 Kudos
bossk128
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent drop out: T3 dropouts

Sorry to reply to my own message, but is there anything I should try before contacting support?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bossk128,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting these drop outs. They are likely caused by the upstream power levels being too high, 55 is when this will cause a T3 but anything over 51 indicates a problem. We'll have to get a technician out to adjust this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bossk128
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer just finished. On time, polite, and didn't take long at all. Few adjustments in the cab and he confirmed via funky wee pad thing that levels were down to about 47.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it Bossk128 Smiley Very Happy

Let us know if you get any further issues and we'll be happy to take another look.

Cheers

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bossk128
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hm, dreaded T3 dropouts again. Have had no connection for 5 days now, and despite reporting it over the phone ASAP have had zero feedback from support as to what is happening. Logs show T3 ranging errors, but this time 'net is absolutely dead. Having no broadcast television it meant it was expensive to watch the rugby over the weekend!

Any news on ticket 36865286?

Thanks,

Ross

0 Kudos