Menu
davidwogg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband

My broadband connection keeps going down . Troubleshooting shows DNS server problem. Happened 6 times this morning and always when I was in the midst of trying to do something. When checking they say nothing is wrong as up to now it reconnects when I check

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband

Hi David,

When you say your 'broadband connection keeps going down' are you referring to your Super Hub's connection to Virgin Media because I can't see what DNS servers have to do with that.  If there was a DNS issue it would simply make an individual website unavailable or just slow to connect.

If it is the VM connection you are talking about, please post the Upstream and Downstream stats here ... enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser, Do NOT sign in just click on Router Status to access the appropriate pages.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidwogg, 

Thanks for letting us know that your connection keeps going down, I apologise for any troubles incurred I will do my best to help get this sorted for you.

I have tested things from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs  logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, could you respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' in the top right corner, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Also, when the connection drops is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davidwogg
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
I sent you the hub details. THis computer is hard wired. The blue light seize up when the connection goes down. It happened agin two nights ago. Today it is OK
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidwogg, 

Thanks for responding! 

How is performance at the moment? If you are still having these issues the next step I will try will be to replace your Hub.

Just respond to me here and I'll get everything sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos
davidwogg
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband connection has been disconnected 10 times today so I still have the intermittent problem. Most frustrating I checked with ookla yesterday and the speed was 60 which is well below the 150

Best Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Following from what Adam has already been through with you, I think replacing the equipment is the best step to take.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted for you.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos