Menu
chrisville
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Disconnection - T4 Errors

Noticed first thing this morning an intermittent connection.

Checked the logs and they were flooded with T4 errors and frequent disconnects which started about 4am this morning. I could also see the hub tried to download a software update file but failed. I think that’s coincidental – since I called VM this morning and they checked to say there is an issue in the area, but, wait for it… said this could be may not be fixed till June!? They said this was reported about 2 weeks ago, but I have not noticed anything until just now (today).

I’ve attached a screenshot of my logs. Could a member of the Virgin Media team please help take a look and advise. I rely on my connection – as do most here – and are not happy at all with the issue. I cannot have it intermittently disconnect, it makes a paranoid user experience. If an admin is able to take a look what is going on in my area and shed any more light that would be gratefully received and appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Disconnection - T4 Errors

Hey chrisville,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the intermittent connection you're experiencing. I'm not able to see the screen shot I'm sorry. I've looked at your time-outs though and I'm only seeing 6 T3 time-outs in 5 days since your last reboot. The fault in your area shouldn't cause any significant time-outs, so please don't worry about that. I'm seriously hoping this has settled down for you now but if not, please let us know.

Apologies again for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chrisville
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

the last few days our connection has been awful- frequent drop outs and poor speed.

last Saturday for about an hour in the evening we kept having T1 and T4 errors, the double edged arrow kept blinking red. Last night it was around 6.30pm and similar experience. I ran the online service status checker and it came back saying "we're working on it ", so think something was going on.

This morning after checking the logs have been flooded with 

0 Kudos
chrisville
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This morning the logs have been flooded with errors - from memory exhaustive attempts and timeouts when trying to reconnect.

Beginning to suspect something is not right with the connection as this has now been 3 major outages in nearly as many days.

Please could I ask for the Virgin Media Forum team to help please - not happy with the stability and the moment and doesn't make you feel relaxed with the service/connection as feel like always watching out for a 'dropout/disconnection'.

Not able to post logs at the moment, but have just run another 'service status' checker and the results have come back as follows:

"We're trying to sort it out for you In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us."

This was the same as last night.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again chrisville,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry to hear that you're still struggling with this. I think it's best if we arrange for an engineer to visit to investigate further. I'll send you the appointment info via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos