I have a desktop on a Ethernet cable connection to a superhub connected to virgin broadband at 100mbps. (But obviously all devices on my network are affected)
Several weeks ago I started to have trouble getting websites up, any website at any time of day. Mostly I click on a link and almost instantly or within a few seconds the page will load but every now and again I suffer a delay of 10 to 30 seconds. Not the end of the world, but irritating!
I tried doing pings to popular DNS servers during these mini black outs and found I was getting timeouts. Then I found a neat little application called net uptime monitor which constantly pings IP addresses of your choice and if it detects a delay it logs it. I had just got into using this and amassing some information to take issue with Virgin and the problem just disappeared!!
Well as suddenly as it disappeared, after about 2 weeks it has returned and I am running net uptime monitor again with the following results:
Net Uptime Monitor Failure Log (NetUptimeMonitor.com) UNLICENSED TRIAL VERSION
or you could try the BQM from http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping which gives a more visual representation , although you'll need to disable the hubs wifi for it to work, but it is worth doing over a 24 hour period if you can manage it.
also could you go to 192.168.0.1 don't login, but go to the hub stats and post them here so we can see what your levels are like.
Sorry about your connection issues. I hoped I'd uncover the cause when testing your c connection but your Hub is showing an uptime of 2 days with no timeouts. The power levels are optimal and the network itself is free of errors.
Of course, if this is an intermittent problem it may be that it's abated just now but I did test back to the 26th - the date of your first post.
Are all of your connected devices affected by this or just the one that is hardwired?
If you've not already done so would you please reset your Hubback to factory settings and let us know if that helps?
Also please post some recent BQM images for us to examine.
All devices are affected. Hub 2 day uptime will be because I used SOP and power cycled it! When it happens we are plagued for 2 or 3 days of the continuous problem then it just goes away. At one point when is had a window open with hub status displayed and a drop out occurred I hit refresh and all I got was the circulating balls of inactivity! So when the problem occurs the hub appears frozen.
Like a biblical plague, it descends upon us then it goes away! As I mentioned the one telling piece of evidence is that during a drop out the hub is unresponsive but I was only able to check this once. If the problem returns I will try again to get stats during a dropout.