Menu
Jimmy5wood
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation.

Been with virgin for over nine years and have been very happy with service, that is until I moved. I have been waiting for over three months for reconnection, after a catalogue of incompetence and inadequacy. Had to buy temporary mobile broadband at great expense, to get me by as I run my life online. Can someone at Virgin please contact me and help me sort this out, before I am forced to go to one of your rivals?
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation.

Jimmy5wood wrote:
Been with virgin for over nine years and have been very happy with service, that is until I moved. I have been waiting for over three months for reconnection, after a catalogue of incompetence and inadequacy. Had to buy temporary mobile broadband at great expense, to get me by as I run my life online. Can someone at Virgin please contact me and help me sort this out, before I am forced to go to one of your rivals?

Depends on the reasons for the delays, if its because of actual building work that needs to be done then you could be waiting a long while, that being said the best way to get in touch with VM is by ringing them or using the web chat, responses from forum staff here can take days and they aren't always able to help with everything, and for clarification they are unlikely to offer much if anything in the way of compensation for you choosing to spend money on mobile broadband, just to float that before they do

0 Kudos
Jimmy5wood
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It began with correspondence not being forwarded within the various departments, numerous phone calls and hours spent trying to find someone who could find out what was going on.
They eventually came to connect me up, but the road crew neglected to tell the engineers that they were unable to connect the cable. More inadequate communication.
This resulted in them having to apply to the council for permission to dig up the road, which takes weeks to get.
I insisted that they give me some sort of mobile broadband, and they agreed to credit my account £15 pm for three months. This doesn't touch what it has eventually cost me to get mobile broadband, as I could only purchase a unit or be tied in to a year's contract.
I have now emailed the apparent CEO, let's see if this yields any results.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimmy5wood

Many thanks for both joining and getting in touch with us on the community about the issues with the installation and the delay to services getting activated.

I appreciate that delays are never ideal, and it is frustrating for you as a customer and my apologies that this has happened.

I can see that this has been escalated to the complaints team for you and that you have spoken to them recently about this and have agreed to their resolution on this for you.

I can also see that the installation is due to go ahead sometime in the next few weeks so please keep us posted on this and let us know if you need us to support you with this further or anything else.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos