Menu
Johnsonjnr79
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Had a text sent last night at 22.37 to contact regarding installation tried to contact but office closed tried again twice this morning but just sat on hold. I have had texts this morning to say installation will take place today between 8&1 and have booked the day off for the installation. Just checked my emails now to find an email sent at 22.37 last night to say installation will now not be happening and will be at least 6-8 weeks. Not a good start my current broadband finishes today so will have no internet after today. Why book an installation date if you already know you can't install!!
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Because they are a communications company that cannot communicate.  Golden rule with VM ... never cancel an existing ISP until VM have actually completed the installation.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Golden rule with VM ... never cancel an existing ISP until VM have actually completed the installation.

No that is a golden rule for any ISP
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnsonjnr79

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about the issues with the installation and the delay we have in getting this connection set up for you.

My apologies that this has happened and that you received the text notification so late! We do send out our pre pull teams either the day before or 2 days before the installation to pre pull the cabling from the cabinet to the junction box outside the home to facilitate the installation the next day. Sometimes when they are doing this they find issues with the cabling that may cause a problem with the connection or services and rather than us send the engineers out on the due date only for them to possibly not be able to connect you there and then, they flag this to the relevant teams for the work to be done to correct this.

Our systems show that a home is cabled when we book this for you via the Sales teams, however we have no way of finding out of there has been any network degradation until we physically check this for you.

I appreciate that these delays do impact our customers but they are necessary for us to complete the repair works that we have identified during the pre-call in order for us to provide services for you.

The work that is needed requires permits from the local authority and permits from any utility companies who have cables where we are planning to work or dig.

To keep up to date with this with our Construction teams you can contact them directly via 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Please keep us posted if you need anything else from us.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos