Menu
Shoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation, will it ever happen?

Hello,

I've been waiting for my broadband installation in total of 7 weeks. Two initial weeks for engineer to come to my house then day before his arrival got a call from VM to say some additional works need to be done and the need more permissions. Now 5 more weeks are gone, tried to call 3 times to get estimated installation time or when the work will be done. No answer, "we will call you when". This doesn't work for me because it means I can wait 10 more years for a call. I got lied once already by a man who said they have all the permission and my house is ready to connect. With this he persuaded me to sign the contract and cancelling my old with sky which I had for many years without any problems with a very good deal. Now I'm forced to use mobile broadband in my house which is very annoying and expensive with gigantic data limit

Please someone chase my installation time and give a date when I will have my broadband active. Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation, will it ever happen?

Hi Shoy,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again.

Once we have the permits in place, we may need additional permissions such as Wayleave. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits and Wayleave permissions are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos