Menu
jacquiwade
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation issue - Booked Saturday install - now coming as self install

When i signed up for Virgin, i was promised a Saturday appointment to install. Low and behold, they are sending someone on Friday and was told my a member of the semi literate staff that i have to install it myself. What fun, drilling the wall, connecting the wiring, configuring....morons...now attmpting to stop the direct debit and see them in court....Call centre waits for an hour, promises of return calls...now looking for an internet provider who I can contact, who speak English, that do not lie, that aren't a complete set of morons. Haven't even joined them and i'm leaving. This company should be shut down and left to rot on the streets of Mumbai.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation issue - Booked Saturday install - now coming as self install

hiya @jacquiwade rather strange since the install tech should be doing all the drilling, running cables etc.. since you should only be attached hub if the property has all the box on the wall e.g. previous tenant had virginmedia. I totally agree the overseas centre is a total waste of money and extremely poor customer service, granted there might a few good ones over there, but the bad sure outweigh the good.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
jacquiwade
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Indeed. There isn't a box in the house. I've since found out that the engineer install had been changed to self install. Supposedly at my request, which again is not true. They put me through to the 'are install team'. As usual, after 25 minutes, no answer. I may have to pay for the first direct debit as it's going to be difficult to cancel. After that, I will not be dealing with virgin again, only through the courts.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

just out of interest on what grounds you taking them the court, since i'm sure they have good lawyers, and if you lose could look at a massive bill in the many thousands
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
jacquiwade
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I didn't say I was taking them to court.

No doubt Virgin will want me to honour the 12 month term of the contract, even though no equipment has been fitted/configured.

I expect, in their deluded view of how contracts work in the UK, they will then attempt to sue me once the Direct Debit has been cancelled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jacquiwade

I am very sorry to hear this has been the experience you have had with us. I appreciate you joining us on the forums and for letting us know about this.

I have noted the experience you have had with us on your account. You are within your cooling off period as all new customers have a 14 day Right To Cancel.

In order to arrange this if you are looking to do so please contact our teams via 0345 454 1111 or 150 if the line is connected, and speak to our Retentions teams via option 4 then option 5 in order for them to book this for you.

Please contact them so they can support you with this.

If on the other hand you have changed your mind, and you do want us to arrange for a manned installation to come and connect your services then please let us know. Our Quickstart teams can book this for you via 0800 953 9500.

Please keep in touch and let us know which option you have chosen and if there's anything further we can help you with.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jacquiwade
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As previously stated, I have spent many hours on the phone to India trying to resolve the "problem". The "support" they offer is patronising, Ill advised and doesn't extend to anything beyond apathy. ALL insist I have a connection point on the wall....I DON'T.....A complete of time. Contract declined.
0 Kudos