Menu
Bl8
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)

Installation incompetence

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on how on earth to make a complaint?

Service from VM has been awful. Recently moved house. Had VM at old house and enquired about availability for new house. This was well before we moved. At that time we were told new house could be connected no problem. However unbeknownst to me, someone somewhere decided, without my asking or permission to disconnect my services at the old house and try and connect me at the new house which I didn't yet own.

Cue hours on the phone to the Indian call centre and the uk ones. It took 14 days to reconnect because someone didn't cancel the new installation so my services at old house couldn't be switched back on. Complained was told would have call back- nothing.

Finally bought new house and again called to arrange switch over. Was given date in early April. I asked at the time whether I could be connected as no i frastructre on my side of the street as new build estate. Was told categorically yes and would definitely be connected in early April.

Then lo and behold, I get a call the night before the install from India telling me that there was a blockage in the footway and that one man who went out couldn't sort the cables. I was told permits would be required from council and work done to sort the blockage. Was told two man team was required.

The next day they could give me was over a month away. I asked to complain to new installations team who told me a manager would call back in 72 hours. Not. Heard. A. Peep. Since.

In the time that has elapsed I have spoken to people in U.K. and India to chase complaint. I also spoken with new install team and construction team about no infrastructure in pavement and queried if it would definitely go ahead. Was told it would and delay was due to need to send out a two man team.

Lo and behold and no surprise I've just had another call about tomorrow saying installation can't go ahead and that no new date can be given as need to pass the matter to construction team.

Asked about complaint and the guy literally talked over to the extent that I asked him to please stop and listen. He then turned off my audio and didn't listen and couldn't repeat what I was trying to say. I enquired about complaint and was just completely ignored.

I had an inclining it wouldn't go ahead as there is green spray pint crossing over onto my side of the road from a pavement box, a box with fw4 in and then a dashed line to where it will eventually T to my property.

What I can't understand is (a) why hasn't anyone dealt with my complaint and (b) surely it must have been obvious to the first person who came out that there was no cable infrastructure on my side of the street! So why have I had to twiddle my thumbs without internet and phone for an extra four weeks for the obvious to happen?

It's literally like talking to computer says no, the right and left hand don't know what each other are doing and nobody seems to care.

Should I cancel my order? So frustrated!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)

Re: Installation incompetence

I think you may have answered your own question with your penultimate sentence. The call centre agent can only work on the basis of what their computer tells them. Every team in the company appears to work in near isolation and at their own pace with little sign of overal management or coordination.

The contacts for complaints are given via the contact us link at the bottom of the page. I think that you may be best to use the snail mail address as there is no email option

Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ
Bl8
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: Installation incompetence

Think I'll have to. Thanks for the address.
0 Kudos