Menu
snky1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation engineer didn't came.

I've been waiting for my installation entire day (it was suppose to be today between 8am - 1pm). I had to take an unpaid day off (about £100 of money lost) and 30minutes after the installation deadline (1:30pm) I called Virgin Media to find out that my installation date has been moved on 27th January.

So I lost my money and I will spend next 2 weeks without the internet.

Just brilliant Smiley Sad

Is it that hard to inform the customer that installation date has been moved few weeks ?

When they sell the product it's nice and beautiful but when you need the help... hmm.. that's a different story.

0 Kudos
pravp
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation engineer didn't came.

Atleast you got a revised date of 27th... for me they blamed it on the construction team (even after confirming the visit by text message) and not its delayed for another 6 weeks. no confirmed dates yet!!

Same as you, stayed at home and as I work from home most of the time... going through a tough time without a proper internet connection.. thanks to no comms from VM letting me know about the change of plans.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi snky1987

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us here and thank you for letting us know about the situation in your post. I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums.

I do apologise that you were not contacted regarding the delayed installation. We do normally attempt to contact our customers when there is any kind of delay to an expected engineer visit and I am very sorry we did not get in touch with you in this instance.

I understand you are aware about the date that has been scheduled now for the 27th Jan, next week, once the construction that is necessary is completed.

Please keep in touch if you need any further support regarding this and we'll do our best to look into any help you may need.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
snky1987
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am aware (I received also received the letter yesterday). If I knew 2 days before the fact I could save money by just going to work and also I will call my current internet provider to reschedule service termination date.

Unfortunately I put me in a situation where I lost my money by not going to work and I am without the internet for over the week.

But now VM is axing a lot of jobs so I hope I will get my internet connected and I will never have to contact VM never again because (As most of the big companies) customer is far less important than the business itself.

I am just writing this so future customers could find it and know what they may expect from VM at the beginning. As addition I can just ask that SKY is no better Smiley Very Happy  I had to wait 6 week for router from them and then they had to replace the router (took another 2 weeks) so VM is not totally bad in this case. It's just no better Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate your thoughts on this of course snky1987

Keep us posted on how the installation goes for you and if you need us to look at anything else here, please just let us know.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
draslam30
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are not the only one. The customer service is dreadful. I waited 8-12 for the enineer to come and install the BB. After repeated calls, he turns up at 4pm. I lost the whole day.
6 months on. The router stopped working. Called the Customer Service at 8pm, went throgh all the switching on/off to no luch. She booked an engineer to call the next day between 8 and 12noon. By 1pm no one had turned up. Called Customer support to be told that I had cancelled it. Adviser promised to send some out in the afternoon, by 4pm nothing. Called them again to find out nothing had been booked. This time I asked for the supervisor, who again went through all the switching on/off etc and said he will book an engineer for Monday and send me a text strainght away. Im still waiting for his text.
It is not uncommon for engineers who are running late, themself cancell customers apointment and allow the customers to be blamed. VirginMedia need to get their acts together to provide proper technical help to their customers. I was with another provider for 10 years, had no problem. Now regret having switched to virgin.
0 Kudos
jdg1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I received no information on the visit 1-6pm i was promised and want to know what discount i will get and when my installation date is

also.....what will you do for my loss of earnings? and direct debit as i have no internet as planned

cfc81@hotmail.com

0 Kudos