Menu
marky78
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed

Got a call tonight at 19:30 telling me that my installation due tomorrow wont be done for the second time and is being pushed back to the 17th (this will be over six weeks since the order was placed and over four Since original installation date).

Apparently the construction team still haven't got permission to run the cable to my door.

Which they obviously didn't know until 19:30 tonight!!

Not a concern for the money this is costing me (I'm self employed and have had to make myself unavailable for a day) or the disruption to the lives of my family and I (currently have no tv or broadband).

Requested a call back and was told that I would get one tonight by 20:30, when I told the person I spoke to that I knew they closed at 20:00 they quickly told me I would receive a call by 20:00.

When this didn't happen I called customer services to cancel my order only to be told that I couldn't do that and had to speak to the preinstall team, who wouldn't be there until tomorrow. When i requested that they call me I was told that they cant make outbound calls so I asked the CSA I was speaking to if that's the case how were they able to call me earlier and promise me a (nonexistent) call back.

The CSA just said I had to call them.

When i have requested information about which department in my local council deals with this issue I have been told that they don't know.

I'm currently renovating my living room and cant hold off on finishing any more just because this shower can't be bothered to keep an appointment.

Just want everyone to know that I have never had such a bad experience with a company.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
marky78
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed

In what way is changing my subject to installation delayed assisting the community?

Is it just that i shouldn't post about being lied to, not given the information I request and told the night before that my installation was being moved and told when i can have it (not given the option to agree on an installation date as per terms).

Do you think it would be better not to speak up regarding the terrible customer service i received and the fact that i couldn't cancel my contract?

The installation wasn't delayed. Allegedly the virgin technician came out until today to find none of the construction work has been done even though i had been told that my local council had given permission for the work to be done.

No ether they just didn't bother or i have been lied to on my previous calls.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed

Hi marky78

My sincere apologies about the delays to the installation and for the fact that when we contacted you about this it was so late the day before the appointment date. Even though the circumstances are not ideal, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post on the community and for joining us on the forums too.

I appreciate that you were able to speak to our Pre Install team about this when you called after you posted, and they have done what they could to assist you with this at the time.

Until the construction work is completed you can keep up to date with that team should you need to ring them and their contact details are:

Construction teams you can contact them directly via their phone no:  0345 045 0595

Their opening hours are: Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Please keep us posted if we can help with anything else.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos