Menu
Sandra2711
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation delay

Waiting since 27th November to have Virgin fibre broadband and tv package installed. Twice install date postponed and no further date given now. Phoned preinstallation team repeatedly and promised callbacks which have not happened. What else can I do? Other than cancelling and going back to Sky which seems best option right now
0 Kudos
Forgotten
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delay

Doesn't sound like the best situation all I can say is if you are persistent and keep at it you will not be upset with the service from VM once installed, not sure why they are not calling back I was in a similar situation and I got a call back the same day.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - How everyone in a technical field should think.
0 Kudos
Sandra2711
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Decided not to call again as I spent 90 minutes on the phone yesterday 80 minutes day before and was promised a call back by area manager and courtesy call back by preinstallation supervisor . Neither happened. Planning to go back to Sky
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sandra2711

Thank you for bringing this to us on the forums and a warm welcome to the community.

I can see that an engineer has been today to support and that this is being reviewed again soon with an installation date in the near future. The notes on your account are being updated as I type so you may be on a call with our teams right now or the tech may be.

If you're not sure what's going on with your services then if you could get in touch with our teams via Webchat  they would be able to updated you too.

This saves you contacting us via phone and they can clear the same security that our teams on the phones do so will be able to help with this for you.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else from us and good luck with the install when this takes place.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Stanners1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am in a similar boat here. I signed a contract with Virgin for broadband at the start of November. Since then I have had three installations dates cancelled (with very little warning) and eventually had my installation put on hold (at the end of December). I have spoken to the installation team on several occasions as I have had no reasoning behind the delays and been promised that I would have broadband installed soon.

I spoke again with them last week and was told that the construction team would call me back within 48 hours with an update...this never happened (unsurprisingly). I have the number to call them myself but I don't have a landline and I know that it will cost me a fortune to ring from my mobile (one time I called Virgin using a 0345 number it set me back £40 on my bill).

It's been three months already since I ordered broadband, which in itself is ridiculous, but I am starting to think it could still be some time before the installation is complete. I just wish at the least that Virgin stayed in touch with their customers, providing updates when available.

I was happy with the deal I have been given by virgin, but I'm to thinking of giving up on it unless I am given some good news soon. Can anyone help here?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Stanners1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

I am deeply saddened by your experience with us so far and I want to do all I can to help.

I've taken a look at the notes on your account and I'm not clear on what's causing the delay so I'd like to get in touch with the install engineers in your area and see if we can get some answers. To make it easier for us to keep in touch, I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos