Menu
luckysho7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation date soon, can i install broadband upstairs instead of downstairs?

On the day of the installation would i be able to ask the engineer to install the broadband upstairs rather than downstairs?  Am asking this because I assume i need wires through the wall and drilling to be done since only recently our street are able to get virgin media.  But all the videos that i have watched are all getting the wires/drilling done on the first floor.  Would it be to much to ask to get it done somehow to upstairs?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation date soon, can i install broadband upstairs instead of downstairs?

hiya @luckysho7 depends on the height from the ground to the 1st floor this is for health and safety regulations, since the engineer would be able to run the cable up the wall and in front of house, or could run in it the ground floor and could possible run cable up wall/ceiling etc..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation date soon, can i install broadband upstairs instead of downstairs?

hiya @luckysho7 depends on the height from the ground to the 1st floor this is for health and safety regulations, since the engineer would be able to run the cable up the wall and in front of house, or could run in it the ground floor and could possible run cable up wall/ceiling etc..
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
luckysho7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

its about 8.5 - 9 feet from the ground to my upstairs room. What do you think?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

that should be fine