Menu
draiedwards
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Installation & Constructon Issue

Hi

I signed up to Virgin Media in January and was given an installation date of 28th January. So far, so good.

On 27th January - day before installation was due! -  I received a call advising that the installation would have to be delayed due to construction work which was required, which would put back my installation by 6-8 weeks. Naturally I registered my dissatisfaction, but accepted that I could not do anything about the delay.

5 weeks later - and no update from anyone. Myviriginmedia website order tracking still shows "waiting for first available date".

I have called the inappropriately named Customer Services team, on hold for 10 mins only to be told that first person could not help me & would transfer me to pre-install team. 20 further minutes of holding later, I gave up and hung up - I am not prepared to pay further call charges to listen to hold music for half an hour!!

Can someone please tell me what is going on?? I signed up to Virgin to (1) save money - which is not happening as I remain with Sky at present and (2) have faster broadband - as Virgin are the only provider who can (allegedly) offer this in my area.

To add insult to injury, I have recieved a marketing letter from Virgin Media today, addressed to "The Householder", which says that my road is "confirmed as fully connected to our ultrafast optical fibre network". That is an outrageous claim as far as I am concerned - it clearly is not, otherwise the construction work would not be required.

I am considering raising this with Ofcom, as this is misleading marketing.

I look forward to receiving a reply which moves this forward - and something with a little more substance than "I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having" please...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation & Constructon Issue

Hi draiedwards

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your journey with us so far and my apologies that it has not been the best Smiley Sad

I appreciate too, you joining us on the community forums and would like to thank you for joining us.

I have taken a look at the account for you and just spoken to the construction teams to see if they can update me about this and they have copied me into a mail to the area managers and our contract partners so I can provide you with that information as soon as they get back to us.

I'll pop back to you as soon as I do here.

Additionally you can keep up to date with this with our Construction teams you can contact them directly via 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

I’ll be back in touch as soon as I know more for you- it may be a day or so before they update me with this for you.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon draiededwards

Thanks again for allowing us the time to look into this for you.

The teams have come back to me and confirmed that the works that are planned to be done which will then allow us to connect you are planned for this month on the 24th.

Please be aware this is a planned date for works and generally speaking these go ahead as planned, but occasionally they have to be rescheduled.

Again we can confirm regarding this for you closer to the date or you can contact the teams on their direct line to keep in touch with them.

Just let us know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
draiedwards
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the updates Karen.

I would be grateful if you can keep me updated, I prefer not to phone the teams given that my experience to date with Virgin has generally involved spending around 20 minutes listening to hold music whilst paying for a local rate call!!

If the works take place on 24th March, then I assume an installation date will have to be confirmed after the works are complete - which will no doubt take us into April.

Your colleague on the pre-installation team, when I spoke with them in January, advised that the activation fee (£15?) would be waived and that I would pay reduced charges for first three months after installation as a result of the inconvenience caused, which includes having to remain on a higher tariff with my current provider (Sky) for longer than I anticipated. I would be grateful for confirmation that this has been applied to my account.

I still intend to contact your marketing team to register my dissatisfaction that I received a communication which falsely claims that my road is "connected".

I look forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi draiedwards

I've pre checked with the construction teams re the work planned for the 24th and this is all going to plan at present so I can catch up again with you on Monday if you have not spoken to the teams before then via phone to rebook the installation with you once this is completed.

The teams have waived the activation as promised and applied for a rolling 3 month discount for you too as discussed.

I'll check back in again with you on Monday.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi draiedwards

Many thanks for allowing us the time to support you with this.

I have checked in this morning and just now with construction for you and the work has now been verified as having been completed and the installation can now be booked in for the first available date for you.

I've booked this in for the first available slot for you and this of course can be rescheduled. I'll drop a PM to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name for us to catch up and see if this is any good for you.

Hope to hear from you soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey draiedwards

Thanks for coming back to me with your PM's about the work on the street and the pictures you have sent to me.

I have flagged this straight back to the scheduling and construction teams for you on the email chain they have been communicating to me on.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I can with their updates.

Kind regards once more Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey draidedwards.

Just so you know I have been chasing this for your today and the teams have come back to me this afternoon to advised that the site reinstatement supervisor has got back to us and said 'This will be reinstated and the site cleared tomorrow.'

If you could keep in touch to confirm once this has been done that you and the other residents are happy with the work done to correct the issues raised, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
draiedwards
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Karen.

I can confirm that the site has been cleared today.

Regards
Dan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Brillaint news Dan, I'm glad it's been sorted and thanks for the confirmation Smiley Happy

If you need anything else going forwards just give us a shout!

Take care and have a fab day Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos