Menu
jsgreen897
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Install question - option for no phone socket?

We've just signed up for the Player bundle, but have no need for the phone line (only went for the bundle as it was the cheapest option for TV + Broadband). Is there an option to just have the TIVO and Broadband hub connected up and not have a pointless phone socket attached to my wall?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Install question - option for no phone socket?

I don't think that's something that's done anymore. If you have the service you'll get the hardware for it.

The problem is not installing something you're paying for can cause problems and confusion further down the line (no pun intended).

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Player bundle includes the home phone line rental, as so you'd have a socket installed.

Although you could opt to not have a phone line if you didn't want it, the cost for TV + BB on it's own are different.
0 Kudos
jsgreen897
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But can I say that I don't want the phone socket? I really have no use for a land line ever, and want to do the minimum amount of cabling / damage to our front room.. I'm happy to pay, just not have a socket!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't think that's something that's done anymore. If you have the service you'll get the hardware for it.

The problem is not installing something you're paying for can cause problems and confusion further down the line (no pun intended).

0 Kudos
jsgreen897
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you. I guess I'll see if they can hide it somewhere close to where the cable comes into the room..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would say keep a test phone handy for 2 reasons.

1) Calls to Virgins customer helplines are only free from their own landlines & mobiles.

2) Crossed lines can happen, & may result in charges on your bill. So having a test phone will allow you to check for issues.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos