Menu
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Info before starting order for new build home

Hi everyone, Just posting again for a bit of an explanation please. I rang up Virgin Media the other day and explained to the woman that we are currently with Sky, but when my contract is up in March, I would like to switch to Virgin as we've been told our house is Virgin ready and we have the brown box outside on the front of the house as well as the Coaxial Cable port in the living room. (I've attached a pic for reference) However, when we put our postcode in on the website, it displays our address, but when we click it it takes us to the Cable My Street page. Anyway, long story short, she got very abrupt and rude with me over the phone as she went to try and start an order for me but I explained AGAIN, I can only begin an order when my contract with Sky is up, which is March. I tweeted Virgin, and explained the situation to them, and they've said that it looks like everything's set up correctly and to just ring up again when I'm ready to order. However, the cable's not been pulled through to the brown box yet - so not sure what to do? Or do they only pull this cable through when you start an order and someone comes out? I don't want to start an order to then be told "oh well, sorry, you can't get Virgin" and be without internet for a span of time as I work from home a lot of the time so need my internet. Can someone clarify this for me please? I think I've got myself confused!

2017-01-19 18_35_30-Untitled - Paint.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Info before starting order for new build home

Virgin will not pull a drop cable from the cabinet until an order is placed. Cable pull gangs usually have a couple of weeks backlog of work, but a couple of weeks is based on the ducting being in good condition & not obstructed. If there are issues then you could be waiting longer. The best advice is to overlap your Virgin services with your Sky services, as they operate on two seperate networks. You can always port your Sky telephone number to Virgin at a later date.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos