Menu
Redrocket
Tuning in
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

In about 10 minutes we should have finished...๐Ÿ™„

... So take a break...

have been getting this message every time I run a test. For three days now! 

I'm in area 24 and constantly losing connection for over a week... Unable to find out any info online; anyone know anything?

0 Kudos
capth84
Joining in
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: In about 10 minutes we should have finished...๐Ÿ™„

Me too, same area (24). Been like it since Wednesday (18th May) as far as I know. Green traffic arrow unless I restart the hub and stays blue for a short while before returning to green. Internet then drops out on a regular basis until you have to restart the hub. Quite frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Redrocket

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read that you're having an issue with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too low at - 7 dBmV and the upstream power levels are too high at 54 dBmV. As this can cause an impact on your broadband, I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Redrocket
Tuning in
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hey Sam

purple everywhere! I've had a chat with one of your Welsh pals, and hopefully a visit soon. 

You really do need to sort the hold music out though -  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Redrocket

I'm glad that you have booked an engineer to check this over for you. The PM that I sent was to book an engineer anyway, but this has already been done, so no worries.

Let me know how the visit goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Redrocket
Tuning in
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Well, I took the day off work and a friendly engineer called round. He was in and out within 10 minutes, confident the problem was fixed....

Within an hour, I lost broadband. Now back to a sporadic service, with long periods of no service. Gave VM a call, sadly engineer 'too busy' to come back today...

Looks like another week of unreliable broadband...*sigh*

0 Kudos
Redrocket
Tuning in
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to my neighbour this evening, also with VM

His broadband service performing well. Told me that the enginner usually changes the connector. He argued for a newer hub and got one. I guess I'll have to put my foot down and demand a new one when my friendly engineer shows up in 6 days!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Redrocket

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am sorry that you're still experiencing the same issue.

I did check your connection and the upstream power levels are still high and it is locked on 55 dBmV. This will see your connection being intermittent.

If you can let me know how the next appointment goes that would be great.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Redrocket
Tuning in
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Another engineer came last Friday, and replaced my hub with a 'new' one (actually an old used model, but hey-ho...)

service better now, and only losing connection 2-3 times a day for about 20 minutes. I guess this will have to do - really can't afford more time off work

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Redrocket

I appreciate you posting back after the engineer appointment.

I'm glad the router has been changed however you're still seeing intermittent connection.

Looking at your stats again, the power levels are still locked on at 55 dBmV. I understand that you're unable to have more time of work. If you do get any time off and you have time for another appointment, let me know and I'll book a Principle Technician to get this adjusted for you.

Speak soon

Sam