Menu
QCQXSKHV
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would like to find out which type of e mail account I have is it POP3 or IMAP

I have recently bought an Amazon Fire Tablet and to set up my email accounts they are asking for a pop3 server  or an IMAP server . I don't have a clue what they are asking for can someone please help thank you 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I would like to find out which type of e mail account I have is it POP3 or IMAP

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I would like to find out which type of e mail account I have is it POP3 or IMAP

They are just different protocols for accessing your email- either will work.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396

explains the settings you need

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi QCQXSKHV, 

Welcome to the forums, congratulations on your new purchase I hope that it has been serving you well Smiley Happy

I can see that apcyberax and Kippies have been on the case for this post. I hope the information they have popped across to you has helped you to get things sorted. 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will always be more than happy to help you out here. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos