Menu
Gottark
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been without broadband for 6 weeks now!

As per the title, on the 1st of February is when I first requested a replacement power supply for my super hub 3. On three separate occasions I've been told the power supply has been dispatched and it will arrive in 3 - 5 working days.

After being without internet for a month I requested that the power supply be sent recorded next working day and was told that they were unable to do so. I have been unreasonably patient and now I'm getting annoyed.

Phone and online chat support have been useless, so now I'm hoping by posting this someone who is in the position to do something will get in touch and sort this really simple problem out.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've been without broadband for 6 weeks now!

I hope this is an accurate account of what has happened, because on that basis I have asked the Forum Team to pick this more quickly than they otherwise would if you waited your turn.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Gottark
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

100% accurate and thank you. I appreciate that, I just want it sorted.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gottark,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm so sorry to read you have not received a replacement PSU for the Hub 3.

Looking at your account, they have been ordered, however I am uncertain as to why these have not been delivered to you.

I think the best way forward is to book an engineer to replace this for you as I do not want you to wait any longer for internet access. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Gottark - please respond urgently to Samantha_L and post here when you have please.

@Samantha_L - brilliant work, kudos to you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Gottark
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard and Sam.

Got an engineer booked in for Monday so hopefully I'll be back up and running then.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good and I wanted to explain something to you.

The reason I asked if your account of the position was accurate was because I have been caught out on a number of occasions when helping solve issues by people only telling half the story at the outset. Had I known the full facts I would have replied differently; sometimes very differently. I was made to look foolish.

I am delighted that you were straight down the line. Let us know what the tech does and if he discovers any other issue with your service.

Hopefully you won't be a stranger to the Forum when you need help again or want to pass on any of your own expertise.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Gottark
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard, I understand where your coming from and didn't take it as an accusation.

Things where looking good when we had an engineer booked in for Monday afternoon, but because of a fault in the area this was cancelled. And apparently the system won't allow for another one to be booked.

The solution is to send out another super hub and power supply, which I assume is never going to arrive and end up wherever the previous 3 power supplies are.

The whole thing is becoming such a farce.
0 Kudos