Menu
Julietaylor1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I originally placed my order for virgin fibre optic on the 23 Oct 2016

Im still wating after originally requesting virgin fibre optic on the 23rd October . I was told the earlist the engineer could come out was the 12th November. Consequently an engineer was sent out on the 11th November to see what had to be done the following day. Now because they are saying we need the drive digging up i am told it will be another 6 -8 weeks but not from the original order date from the 14th November? I have had no further correspondence and am getting to know the helpline staff on a first named basis. Virgin please tell me when you can sort this? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I originally placed my order for virgin fibre optic on the 23 Oct 2016

Afaik, VM have wayleave. If it is only the pavement that needs digging, they don't need Council permission and certainly not for digging your own drive.

Much more likely that their civics contractor has no free slots.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delays are usually the result of waiting for council permits, which can take weeks to be issued.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also dont know if it effects timescales, but Virgin media, FTTP (Fibre to the Premesis - Project Lightening areas), seem to be few and far between presently as most areas are HFC, Hybrid Fibre Coax with fibre only going as far as the node.

0 Kudos
Julietaylor1234
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The neighbour over the road has virgin fibre optic so was surprised they would have to dig the road up but still waiting for a reply
0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It can depend, sometimes the duct under the pavement gets blocked and requires digging to unblock.

and in other cases, sometimes if there wasn't enough original uptake on 1 side of the road they only installed on 1 side of the road and are now infilling missing properties where financially viable.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Afaik, VM have wayleave. If it is only the pavement that needs digging, they don't need Council permission and certainly not for digging your own drive.

Much more likely that their civics contractor has no free slots.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos