Menu
Debkelly1407
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 green lights on my modem.

There's 2 or 3 buttons that are green. The connection 1, the 1 directly under that and the main button at the bottom. The service is always very intermittent. This has been for a number of weeks. I've checked wiring, restarted and reset but no difference
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have 2 green lights on my modem.

Hi Debkelly1407,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection.

I've checked your connection, the line and hub are showing as fine. There are no faults reported and no time-outs since the router has been online.

Can you take a look at this link > What do the lights mean, as it will show you the lights on the Hub and let me know which ones are green please?

Does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Debkelly1407
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying. It's the WiFi, Internet and main LED lights. The Internet 1 is flashing, the other 2 are permanently green. An engineer came out yesterday; said our signal was very low so put a signal booster in. He showed me the rate it was running at before he left (about 216 I think). About 2 hours after he left; the connection was intermittent again. Today it's permanently green again. I have an autistic son who is very dependent upon the Internet 😢. Have tried phoning virgin again today but been on hold for over half hour x
0 Kudos
Debkelly1407
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry; forgot to mention that all devices connected are wireless x
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Debkelly1407,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The lights that you mentioned, the internet and WiFi, these will only be lit when there is an issues with the connection, otherwise they will not be lit. The Base LED should be the only light on with the colour white.

At the moment the Hub 3 is showing as offline? Were you experiencing loss of connection at the time of this post or were you re-booting the Hub?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Debkelly1407
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have just rebooted it. On hold to virgin again atm. X
0 Kudos