So I got the letter threatening to cut me off unless I upgrade to a Hub 3.
Have been trying to get this sorted since February; First time round submitted details but never got any confirmation.
Tried again after a week, this time was redirected to a page saying details had been submitted and that the Hub would be delivered on the 6th of March. Also received an e-mail saying that I would get a confirmation shortly; This never arrived.
The 6th of March has now passed, and I am still hub3-less.
I can't re-submit the request now as it cheerfully takes me to a page saying I've ordered already and that my hub will be delivered on the 6th of March.
I haven't been able to get through on the chat when I've tried ("All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later.") and I can't hang on the phone forever in a queue because I'm, y'know, at work doing my job.
Well it'll be an interesting study to see whether the forum mods can get to this before I can get through on the phone (I don't think I even got close to the end of the queue by the time I gave up hanging on last night...!)
Are you sure about the cut-off thing tho'? There is fairly clear language in the letter I received about the contract being termination if I didn't upgrade, which I did find unusual, since if they didn't terminate the contract they could potentially continue charging me for a service that I can't use which seems more in line with usual practice!
Sweet matriarch of flying turnip cars! I got through on the Chat \/
Things I have learned: The chat button *always* says "All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later.". The trick is to ignore this and click-spam the bejeezus out of the button repeatedly until it stops saying that (See! Cookie Clicker addiction DOES have some benefits! ), then quickly start the chat and abuse the auto-form filling feature of the web browser to pre-populate all the fields.
I was just typing them in before, so in the 5 seconds it takes me to type everything in and click on the submit button, it just errored out (Presumably because someone else can type faster... or is using that trick!)
I'm told the hub should arrive by the 10th (Although I'm suspicious that this is so much shorter than the 2 week wait from the hub upgrade form, so we'll seee), at which time I shall no no doubt return here with a fresh set of problems!
I configured it for modem mode before I hooked it up to the coax, and aside from a mixup with the order (Apparently you're supposed to call the setup number BEFORE you install the Hub 3!?) it's all been good!
Seems to be working as well as it did previously, although with some weird latency jitter. It's minor enough that I'm not worried about it tho'.