Menu
Aaronix
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 dropping internet connection

I moved to Virgin from BT just before Christmas. The service has been good up to the last week however since then my internet connection keeps dropping on my Kindle and my Asus pads. I've contacted tech support 3 or 4 times and an engineer visited and provided a replacement hub, however, the problem is unchanged. I've also switched off the hub numerous times as recommended by virgin and had the 2g/5g separated and set to various dedicated channels which have made a difference for a few hours before the problem starts again.

This is getting kind of frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 dropping internet connection

Hello there Aaronix,

Thanks for getting in touch, welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. Can I ask if you notice any problems if you're connected with an Ethernet cable? With regards to the wireless channel, you might need to try a few different ones to find the one that performs best in your environment. Please can you go through a few more wireless channels and let us know if you notice any improvements.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Aaronix
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've tried turning in on off as per the virgin video but this made no difference. I have also tried resetting to a number of self selected channels which has made the problem more intermittent however the problem is still regular and significant unfortunately.

Best A Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
retchid
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't believe a word. The fault is on their side. Been like this for weeks. Sometime you get lucky and the online check will magickly fix it - I.e. reset on their side. Mostly says 3 times checked sod off until tomorrow. The offshore call centre is useless. The sent me a new router when I whinged. - does not solve the problem though as the fault is on their side. Same every March an April for the last 5 years at least. - they don't put that on the adverts.
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaronix, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your Hub3 dropping connection, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested the connection from here for you and I noticed that your Hubs logs show a number of time outs inside. I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos