Menu
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub Software V2 Withdrawn?

A few minutes ago my SH2ac rebooted itself.  The log reports a successful software download.  The version which had been updated to V2 is now showing as reverting back to v1.01.11

Have VM ditched V2 because of all the issues?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Software V2 Withdrawn?

Dave_cq wrote:

A few minutes ago my SH2ac rebooted itself.  The log reports a successful software download.  The version which had been updated to V2 is now showing as reverting back to v1.01.11

Have VM ditched V2 because of all the issues?

They did that in the past for the Superhub 2 multiple times when attempts to add WiFi sharing kept breaking the hub in multiple different ways.

If the new 2AC firmware was messing with gaming (as some people posted here saying that it was), as well as causing other issues I don't know about. Then VM did the right move. It's the quickest fix and allows them to casually work at making firmware for it which doesn't introduce problems. Or they could just decide to not try again and focus 120% on the hub 3.0.

Shame that the same cannot be done for the hub 3.0. It's been badly broken from day 1 with no good firmware version to revert back to.

Edit: Typo fix.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I for one will be more than happy if they just leave the 2ac alone on v1 now.   As for the Hub 3 I don't ever want one of those doorstops in my house.   Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

I for one will be more than happy if they just leave the 2ac alone on v1 now.   As for the Hub 3 I don't ever want one of those doorstops in my house.   Smiley Wink

Besides the DHCP issue it is a reliable and very much functional hub. I have to use my hub 3.0 currently unfortunately, but when I no longer need to I'd have either my Superhub 2 or 2AC connected instead Cat Happy I miss using my Superhub 2.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Rootz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I noticed the same things last night but i do have a problem now that my router is not going above 90mbbit.. Obvious i can't fix this myself so what would be the best approach as it shows something went wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/MUAPpD1.png

0 Kudos