Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4 (146 Views)

Hub 3 Delivery

Hi Guys  Dont really know if this is the right place to post this but need some help. My 81 Year old Mother has received  a letter from Virgin informing her that she had to replace her current kit for a new Hub 3 by the end of April or her broadband would stop working. This has caused her some distress as being on her own it is her only real contact with the outside world. Whilst I understand that an upgrade is necessary the tone of the letter ,rightly or wrongly , is upsetting her. Anyway she contacted Virgin and arranged for a new hub to be delivered. This was a miracle in itself as she is partially deaf and partially blind and I usually have to make calls for her. I received a text to confirm that delivery would be between 8 and 9 on Sat 12th March. I did phone in the morning as I was unsure as to whether this was correct and was told that it was between  8am to 9pm. I really do not like Mum opening the door at that time of night but had no choice. The Hub was not delivered  so I called this morning to find out what happened. I have been told that courier does not operate on Sundays . I was then asked to call again on Monday to chase it or offered Yodels number to chase it myself. As I am working that is not an option . My question is should it be up to us to chase this delivery ?   Surely it is Virgins responsibility to liaise with their own courier to ensure that the kit is delivered. My Mum is really stressed about this and I dont think it is right that she should be.

Derek 

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (180 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by rifleman
a week ago

Re: Hub 3 Delivery

Hi Derek,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Apologies for the stress this is causing your mother and for the late delivery of the new router.

I can imagine how frustrating this must be and would like to help further. I've sent you a Private Message with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look into this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (181 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by rifleman
a week ago

Hi Derek,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Apologies for the stress this is causing your mother and for the late delivery of the new router.

I can imagine how frustrating this must be and would like to help further. I've sent you a Private Message with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look into this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (59 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,  Just seen a page on the Virgin site that said that the Hub 2 would cease to function after 30th April, yet I've been asking for an upgrade to a super hub 3 for a few months now and been refused.  When I put my details into the page, it said it couldn't find me - and I've been and NTL/Virgin customer for nearly 20 years!  What's going on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (12 Views)

Hello peteharman,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties upgrading your equipment. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and address, so I can arrange a replacement for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos