Menu
Daylefusion
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 lights staying on :(

Hi, I got my quick start router today, followed all the instructions, activated by phone, plugged everything in and the base light goes green and the arrows flash green then the base light turns white and the arrows and wifi symbol go green and have jus stayed green and my Internet won't connect. Turned it on and off at the wall 3 times now amd it's still doing the same thing.

Please help me connect it Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 lights staying on :(

theres been an activation problem for a day or two - ring and get them to check the activation status again - a couple that were having the same problem both activated after a few hours - so leave it on and see if it clears and activates 

Tony
0 Kudos
John_67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i had this problem when i got my hub 3.0. i contacted virgin on 150 and they said there was nothing they could do and they organised and engineer. I wasn't taking that for an answer (because my SH1 was fine just before i disconnect4ed it to install the hub 3.0)  but i let them organise the engineer anyway.

i left the Hub3.0 plugged in and the wifi light finally went out and the arrow lights begin to flash. after about 40mins of restarts and arrow lights flashing the router restarted and the internet connection started to work at full advertised speed.

i then phoned virgin to confirm the router was connect and set up correctly and w`s advised that it was.

i canceled the engineer and i was told by the 2nd advisor that this happens quite a lot as the hub 3.0 has to download all its firmware updates before it will work and activate properly. 

so now i know green arrows flashing firmware updates in process DO NOT RESTART 

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

(Customer since 2010) Services: Full House TV With Multiroom (TiVo V6 + TiVo), Talk Unlimited Extra Telephone and VIVID 100 (Hub 3.0)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daylefusion

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing no internet connection after activation.

If you are still experiencing loss of broadband connection, I would like to check your account for any issues. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look further into this.

However if you are now online, that is great, let us know.

Speak soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JadeL
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi samantha am having the same problem to could you please message me Smiley Happy,many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi JadeL

Thanks for posting.

Many apologies that you are experiencing the same issue as Daylefusion.

I've managed to find your account and tried to get this resolved for you.

If you are at home, can you reboot the Hub 3.0 and see if you can get online please.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
blakexxx
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i'm having exactly the same problem, the base light is white and the wifi light and double arrow light are both green and are constantly lit, could you please help me out as well?? thanks xxxx

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi blakexxx

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having the same issue with the lights on the Hub 3.0.

I would like to help get this resolved for you, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Puppaz
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi all.
Having this exact problem. Setting up today. Called to activate then set up the router.
Just getting the green wifi light and the green internet light doesn't go off, just stays lit. Tried resetting the router a couple of times but no joy so far.
0 Kudos
Leggins
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also having the same issue with the lights staying on.
0 Kudos