Menu
brokemac
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 keeps won't connect (registration failure)

For the second time in a few days, the hub has gone down and won't come back online again. Last time after doing the usual steps, I called customer support, followed the same steps and got it online again.

Today same thing but this time support couldn't help... so now without internet for whole Easter weekend until Tuesday!

Just get the green lights - and when I log into the 192.162.0.1 it shows internet registration failure.

Can someone check this more urgently please?

Helpful Answers
brokemac
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 keeps won't connect (registration failure)

There seemed to be a wider virgin broadband outage, which only showed up after I'd sent the above message and been on the phone to the call centre.

Anyway, all seems to be back online this morning. Just a shame that they don't coordinate with each other, as there was clearly an underlying issue with the whole broadband service last night, which you can see by looking at the downdetector website.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

brokemac wrote:
For the second time in a few days, the hub has gone down and won't come back online again. Last time after doing the usual steps, I called customer support, followed the same steps and got it online again.

Today same thing but this time support couldn't help... so now without internet for whole Easter weekend until Tuesday!

Just get the green lights - and when I log into the 192.162.0.1 it shows internet registration failure.

Can someone check this more urgently please?

As staff replies on here take up to a week (+/- the Easter break) Its unlikely.

Have you factory rest you HUB? (pinhole reset)

Check the coax cable is seated correctly- aligned right finger tight is the rule= both ends....

Then pinhole reset.

Other than that, unfortunately its wait till after the bank holiday

0 Kudos
Smiller87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I joined Virgin last week, got my router on Tuesday for the quick start. What a joke!

Won't connect I just get the blinking green light. Phoned 3 times now and it's still not sorted. Last person wouldn't even listen to me!

So on Thursday at like 8pm he's like give it to 10pm and it'll be on...
Didn't phone Friday
Phoned today explained to one person Is already called etc they are like yeah I see it's stuck and not switching to active I'll put you through to the quick start team they'll do more. Then this woman goes through the same stuff I've been through 3 times now, once on my own with the automated set up, then again on Thursday with the guy, then again with the person that's just put me through to her. She said "you will have two blinking arrows in 2 minutes" I argue the fact that I know I'm not going to. She then tries to say they have been experiencing delays that day, I'm like yeah cool but I've been at this since Thursday oh and btw the only blinking light I have is the green one on the bottom. She then promises me that it will defiantly work just to give it till 7 (I called at 5) guess what? Still not connected. I give it a bit longer and plus you know I have a life and call when I can call.. now I can't even get through to anyone. And tomorrow is Sunday and then there is Easter Monday so I'll get these Indian call centres again if I can even get anyone.

I call Tuesday if it's not sorted I'm cancelling, quick start my left foot. Unbelievable.

I bet the cancellation team is English!
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That is a common experience with the call centre it seams. The agents work to a script and do not coordinate with each other. If the script does not work they often appear to say anything to get you off the line because they need to meet their target. Hopefully you will not need to deal with them to often once your problem is resolved.

Hopefully checking connections will help but sounds as if you may need a technician to visit and check. The VM forum team will be able to advise and book a tech if necessary. The down side is it could take about a week for them to get to your post and you will be close to, or past, the cooling off period. If you call the Thinking of Leaving team during office hours you will get a UK call centre who tend to be more helpful and they may be able to extend the cooling off period until the problem is resolved?
brokemac
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There seemed to be a wider virgin broadband outage, which only showed up after I'd sent the above message and been on the phone to the call centre.

Anyway, all seems to be back online this morning. Just a shame that they don't coordinate with each other, as there was clearly an underlying issue with the whole broadband service last night, which you can see by looking at the downdetector website.
0 Kudos
Smiller87
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow once the holidays are over. Glad you got yours sorted though.
0 Kudos
brokemac
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh it's down again this morning - same problem
0 Kudos
pjmrocha
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to setup my Hub 3.0 (to replace my old hub 1.0) and I have the same issue.
The registration fails and the hub 3.0 keeps restarting. The internet light blinks green for a while, then main hub light blinks green...and then back to blink internet light...

Going to put my Hub 1.0 back online for now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi brokemac,

I'm really sorry that you've not been afforded a comprehensive explanation for your connection issues.

My tests show that on the 15th and 17th of this month your network segment was affected by some very severe network errors which, have, thankfully, not recurred since. I don't understand why this information wasn't forthcoming when you called in - if your call had been transferred to 2nd line support I'm sure they'd have identified the problem. 

If you do get any further issues please post an update on here and we'll investigate for you. 

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos