Menu
Tim11
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 2 replacement with hub 3

I have just had my Tivo box replaced with V6 after a very trying time  to find the process. Virgin gave me two dates which I organised to have free, then changed to a date three days later. Now I wish to have my hub 2 replaced but cannot access any information on how to do it. The web address https://keepup.virginmedia.com/hubupgrade stops at the "date for delivery". The "On line chat has bee "too busy" for the past week whenever I try.

All I want is to replace my old router with the upgraded system.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 2 replacement with hub 3

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week and the plus is its a UK call centre

might cost you £20 - up to you to negotiate but why do you want a hub3 - because is a higher number - search here for problems it has especially if you are a gamer - get that info and then decide

Tony
0 Kudos
Tim11
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I need a longer range, so that I can access WiFi better outside. that is all. No game playing. Are there other known faults with Hub 3 The adverts say FREE replacement ??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

free it may be but there may be a £20 activation fee - small print is wonderful

if you have a hub2 or 2ac then the wifi range on the hub3 is no better - the answer to better wifi is hub into modem mode and add a 3rd part wifi router - if they want £20 then use that to offset some of the cost of a decent router 

Tony
0 Kudos
Tim11
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for these helpful replies, I have a spare router which I might set up to extend the range. (of course I didn't read the small print, that is why they make it small, so nobody bothers) Seriously considering looking elsewhere at the customer service is atrocious. 

0 Kudos
iharkins
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I were you and your Hub 2 is working fine then DON'T replace it with the Hub 3 as it's far inferior to the Hub 2!!! Check all the complaints on this community if you don't believe me. The Hub 3 has a major flaw in it relating to an Intel Puma chipset that hasn't been patched yet, in spite of Intel releasing a patch for it a year ago.

My very trusty Super Hub 2ac was swapped out for a Hub 3 on an engineer visit (to fix low levels on my line) and it's been absolute GARBAGE since. I want my Super Hub 2ac back (as do lots of people) but it seems difficult to do.

I haven't found a single benefit of the Hub 3. It is a TERRIBLE product.

I used to love my service when I had the SH2ac but I hate it now and if it doesn't improve I'd rather move to a slower BT connection. Something I'm seriously considering now.

0 Kudos