Menu
MacNala2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How long to setup a secondary account

I have had to delete a secondary account as it was causing a problem for the user.

Now I want to setup another account with more appropriate settings. I go through the manage accounts and add an account. I get all the way down to inputting the password I note the Create Account button is faded as if it will not work. I clicked it anyway and waited.. and waited.. and waited.

How long should this take?

I have checked and the new account name is no longer available so something must be happening. When will it finish and will I be notified that it is?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long to setup a secondary account

Are you trying to set up a new ntlWorld address? You will only be able to set up Virginmedia.com addresses now, as ntlWorld is a legacy email platfrom.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MacNala2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@nodfrogd No I was trying to setup a virginmedia.com secondary account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MacNala2,

This is odd. I wonder if the newly created email address is showing on our systems? Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll take a look for you. If this needs escalation to I.T. (as I suspect it might) then I'll get it flagged up for you. 
But whatever is causing this I'm confident we can get it sorted for you.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MacNala2,

Thanks for that Smiley Happy

The reason you are unable to create that address is because it already exists, though with an ntlworld domain. 

You should however receive a message implying that. If you access My Virgin Media via a different browser do you get a notification saying that the username is already in use?

But error message or non-error message aside you'll need to create a different username. Omitting the . for instance or inserting an underscore _ instead should work.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos