Menu
rssfed23
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How long after roadworks complete can virgin be installed?

Evening all!

Just moved into a new house in the Hampshire village of Oakley at the weekend.

We're fortunate enough to be one of the new project lightning areas. My street already has the FTTP black boxes embedded into the pavement at each property and according to roadworks.org the rest of the village will be complete this week.

I'm just wondering how long on average it is before services are actually "live" and we can place an order/arrange installation?

Pretty keen on this as signed onto a 1 month rolling FTTC contract with Zen and I know it's a total first world problem but the 38mbits we're getting is proving to be rather painful already.

Kind regards,
Rob

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long after roadworks complete can virgin be installed?

A friend of mine had this done around November/December time and they are still waiting - It is still showing on the Virgin Media website as 'Coming Soon'.

This might give you an idea of the timescales.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Thanks for getting in touch and I hope your house move went well Smiley Happy

I'll check in with the teams for you to see if they can provide any further updates on your behalf as it's not just the dig work we do. Once the dog work is done, there's networks activation to be connected further up the system, then quality checks and finally the release process which is when it all is updated for Sales within our account system and we're then good to go Smiley Very Happy

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm Smiley Wink

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rob Smiley Happy

I've received your pm and thanks!

I'm passing that on for you now. As soon as they get back to me I'll be back in touch.

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Rob

I have an update from the teams for youSmiley Happy

This is part of an active job that has been issued to our build partners.

They have provided an estimated completion date for their Civils’/cabling work of 7/4/17

Once that has been done, the job will need to go through network activation and we do not  have an estimated completion date for that piece of work  as of yet.

Following that, the job will be quality checked and have to go through the release process.

Please note that all dates provided are only estimated to allow for any unforeseen issues that may cause the dates to move out. If you wish to come back to us for a further update closer to the date mentioned above, please do so and ensure you quote the reference number for this job which is NBU 48883

If you want to pop back to us on the forums sometime in April and quote the NBU reference in your post, or pop back to this thread so we have the details, we can then check back in with the teams for you to see if they have any further updates for you Smiley Happy

Thanks again Rob and speak to you soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

rssfed23
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen.

Just wondering if you have an update for the job NBU 48883 yet.

Things have gone quiet on the civil works front by the looks of things (so excitement cautiously building!) so keen to see where we stand and if there are any more estimations.

Many thanks in advance!

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rob

Thanks for dropping back Smiley Happy

Unless we chase the teams they don't actively update us so that's why we ask you guys to pop back to us so we can then go bug them for answers Smiley Very Happy

I've just done that for you Smiley Tongue

I'll keep you posted when I get a reply lovely.

Cheers

Kaz

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

The teams have come back to me this morning and stated:

This address has not been released yet  but that this should be completed & released by end of month.

Just pop back here for me to chase this again for you closer to the time and I'll be happy to help out Smiley Happy

Cheers

Kaz

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos