Menu
timrlg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How long after Cable My Street says 'We're on our way...'

Hi first post here - I am very keen to swap from dismal BT to Virgin - so was excited when Cable My Street said Virgin is on the way .. but not when.

Has anyone had experience of what this really means - weeks, months, years?

Reason for asking is I'll have to make a decision soon about moving to an expensive monthly rolling deal or a better 12 or 18 month contract with another provider.

Current BT lines in the road are overhead wires - so not sure whether poles and ducts would be shared or if digging is involved.

Best regards and thanks Tim

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
timrlg
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long after Cable My Street says 'We're on our way...'

Thank you - the nearest current Virgin network looks to be in neighbouring towns.. so may not be quick!

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

as for the cables small trench would need to be digged, as for timescale, it depends on how close the virginmedia network is to your area could use e.g. http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/#!lat=55.37805099893188&lng=-3.43597299999999&zoom=6&type=terrain&cab... not sure how recent this update is, also depends if this a new build?, since need the street owned by local dept of roads etc.. since i'm sure the contractors dont want there new street ripped up.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
timrlg
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you - the nearest current Virgin network looks to be in neighbouring towns.. so may not be quick!

0 Kudos