Menu
rabh
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How does installation work in a new flat? Is there excessive drilling?

After getting a notification that my flat in a new build block is now enabled for Virgin Media installation (of broadband/TV only, not phone), I'm wondering how the installation process would work. The BT phone line (present when the flat was originally built) is in a storage cupboard, and ideally the Virgin install would go there too, but I've no idea how they would get the cables from the communal part of the building, into my flat.

There is no clear way from outside the flat, to the storage cupboard. Would they need to cut a hole near the front door wall, and then through the various rooms to reach that cupboard? Surely this wouldn't look particularly elegant, and would mean the walls would need touching up?

Anybody who can help with how the installation process works, would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How does installation work in a new flat? Is there excessive drilling?

hiya @rabh welcome to the virginmedia community forum, but tricky to explain without some construction plans of the flats, since the coax cable might be ran into a central location in the flats aka distribution point, and then the coax cables ran off from there.. the install engineers might be able to use the same route the BT cable takes to avoid a mess.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How does installation work in a new flat? Is there excessive drilling?

Hello rabh,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Great to hear that you're thinking of joining us. I'm going to drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to get a bit more info and see what I can find out for you.

Please get back to me when you get a chance.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos