Menu
Jamie_R
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Homeworks Tech Tune Up - No Show

Selected as a loyal customer and persuaded to sign up for Homeworks at bargain rate.  Convinced that the tech tune up visit alone would be worth the monthly fee.

Booked a home visit online and arranged the day off work - no-show.

Bit miffed so spoke to someone (having gone round what felt like every call centre VirginMedia operate with none of them responsible for home visits) and they confirmed that I had a homeworks visit booked. 

My wife had a day off and again no show (obviously this leads to more grief for me!!).

Can someone advise how to book an appointment and then have confirmation / someone in Virgin be accountable?

Social Media tirade about to start... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Homeworks Tech Tune Up - No Show

Hi Jamie_R

I really appreciate you taking the time to join us on the community and for getting in touch with us about the Homeworks issues you have had.

My apologies about the cancelled appointments.

I appreciate you have previously done this and the appointment has been cancelled but if you could:

• Head Over To Virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
  • Sign in to your My Virgin Media Account
  • Click on 'My Apps' 
  • Select HomeWorks
  • Click 'Book Now' to begin booking your Tune Up as part of Homeworks.

Book this again for us and then let us know and we will get someone to track the booking here for you.

If you would like this to be me then please book this after Xmas as I am off after today until the 27th Dec. I will happily monitor this for you and escalate if we have any further issues.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas Jamie and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jamie_R
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen,

Just been on the phone to a Scottish chap - he's sorted me an appointment for Tuesday 20th Dec 16:00 - 19:00.  It did take a while as he wasn't sure how to book me in - seems strange for the latest service Virgin are promoting!?

I asked if there was a way of checking / calling to make sure we don't spend a third day waiting at home.  He said the only guarantee was his word, no offence but this doesn't leave me satisfied.  He advised to call Tuesday morning to check that all was still booked in.

We pay almost £100 a month to Virgin and for that we want satisfaction.  We have the all singing and dancing TVXL and in reality are too busy to watch much.  We have 200mbps vivid broadband but still seem to have grumbles from the kids about our terrible wifi.  I gave in to your very persuasive sales agents on the basis that a tech tune up visit would release the superfast broadband that we get from Virgin to maximise the service throughout the house.

If someone could check / ensure that the tech visit happens next week that would be a start.

Thanks for your time

Jamie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamie

My apologies I didn't get back to you when you posted. I had finished at 12 that day and was then off for a week.

I can see that an appointment was scheduled and a technician assigned. It is showing as completed so this generally means an engineer visited.

I can also see that you have since made a change to your options with us regarding Homeworks.

Please keep in touch if there is anything else we can look at for you and we'll do what we can to support you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos