Menu
pikachupaul79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home Engineer Needed, No Virgin Media Cable Socket or Incoming Cable

Hi I have today received my Quickstart Installation Pack with router and TiVo box but I am unable to locate any Virgin Media sockets anywhere or even an incoming cable from the street.  My neighbour next door has recently had virgin installed and I do not have any of the same boxes or the incoming cable from the box/underground access point outside my property.

I only selected the Quickstart installation option when ordering as it was offered after I entered my postcode and house number.  I am unsure why this was offered as there does not appear to have been any previous connection or service at my address.

I am unsure what to do now as I have all the equipment here but cannot install or connect it as there is no service point or virgin telephone cable, box or any other non BT socket in my house.

Is there a telephone number or any way to order and book an engineer visit to install the service and more to the point is there any additional charge other than the activation fee of £14.99 which I understand will be added to my first bill.  When placing my order I was not sure what sockets were installed and on the order I selected not sure, and was advised that a quickstart installation kit would be sent out in the first instance and if needed an engineer visit could be chosen should there be any difficulties installing the equipment myself.

Please could anybody let me know if they have experienced similar problems and what should I do in order to book visit.

Thanks a lot for your time and I hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Engineer Needed, No Virgin Media Cable Socket or Incoming Cable

takes VM a week or so to get to threads and even when they get here pretty sure they will tell you too ring - so to save a pointless wait i would pick the phone up and call them - which dept am not sure - looks like you need a full install which is not going to happen quickly

you say you have no internal boxes - is there anything externally - a brown? box on your front wall - if thats there then you would look to have the cable back to the street cabinet - if not that is the first part of the install that needs to happen and depending on area that can take a good number of weeks

as you are technically a customer and - i assume - have an account number start the phone process with retentions - not the right dept probably but they can hopefully pass you on

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
pikachupaul79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony,

I am just on the phone now organising an engineer visit, a few weeks away mind, 7th March is the earliest though.  I suppose I will have to see how long my EE landline will last out now that I have told them I want to cancel.  I will have to get a mobile broadband deal in the meantime...I know we used to all live without internet back in the olden days but I would go mad with just our lass and freeview for company...oooh gives me the judders just thinking about it.

Anyway Tony, thanks again mate.

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble getting started with us!

Sometimes our system shows a property as serviceable but a previous tenant or landlord has removed our cables. Let me know how your install goes and give me a shout if you need anything.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out