Menu
poopzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High session data usage?

About 4 days ago, I noticed my usage was over 300GB (downloaded) in 3 days, there is NO way that was possible. I reset the status and everything went back to normal. In 10 hours it used about 6GB. Today I've checked the last 3 day total and it came to 101 GB. I reset it and within 10 seconds 4GB was already downloaded. My speed isn't even that fast so how is this possible? 

I'm just asking because I don't want my parents to be billed like £10000 for the month.

Is there an option to show which device this usage is coming from? I mean, this can't be right? : http://i.imgur.com/OOY01kQ.png

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High session data usage?

The simple answer is that the activity counter has never worked correctly in any of the Superhubs which has it (Superhub 1 to 2 AC.) Hence why it was removed from the hub 3.0 - for it is a useless broken feature.

The counter randomly shows spikes in usage from small to insane amounts, to reseting back to 0 bytes used when it hits the 100GB mark and shows spikes of usage which are impossible immediately after reboot of the hub. Take this little gem for example (screenshot is from a hub 2AC):

lotsdownloaded.png

Just ignore the counter and go about enjoying your Internet access.

If you ever want an accurate usage amount of broadband used for the current month: either pop a quick call into 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Or ask via the Webchat's account and billing sub-options.

+Add: In the event you're on the capped 20Mb plan with a 30GB monthly plan, you get an additional 2GB on top of that as leeway. If you go over the 2GB leeway you'll be charged an additional £7.50 for that month and no more, the remainder of your month would be on unlimited bandwidth. So again, nothing to worry about, just a small charge if you exceed your monthly allowance (not £1000000)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High session data usage?

The simple answer is that the activity counter has never worked correctly in any of the Superhubs which has it (Superhub 1 to 2 AC.) Hence why it was removed from the hub 3.0 - for it is a useless broken feature.

The counter randomly shows spikes in usage from small to insane amounts, to reseting back to 0 bytes used when it hits the 100GB mark and shows spikes of usage which are impossible immediately after reboot of the hub. Take this little gem for example (screenshot is from a hub 2AC):

lotsdownloaded.png

Just ignore the counter and go about enjoying your Internet access.

If you ever want an accurate usage amount of broadband used for the current month: either pop a quick call into 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Or ask via the Webchat's account and billing sub-options.

+Add: In the event you're on the capped 20Mb plan with a 30GB monthly plan, you get an additional 2GB on top of that as leeway. If you go over the 2GB leeway you'll be charged an additional £7.50 for that month and no more, the remainder of your month would be on unlimited bandwidth. So again, nothing to worry about, just a small charge if you exceed your monthly allowance (not £1000000)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.