Menu
Rowancerys
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High pitched noise from router

My router has begun to make a highly irritating, constant high-pitched noise. I am a writer who works at home and so it is really bothering me. Is it possible to have a replacement sent, please?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High pitched noise from router

Seems to be a common problem but it's more often the power supply plug not the hub itself that is the culprit.  Can you listen up close to check.  Hopefully one of the Forum Team will be along soon to arrange a replacement of whichever item is at fault.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As @Dave_cq says it is worth checking that it is definitely the hub making the noise and not the power supply.   The quickest way to get faulty kit replaced is to call them on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 and report the fault, otherwise you are looking at a 7-10 day wait for a staff response on here at the moment.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rowancerys

Welcome to the community. That high pitched noise certainly sounds like an irritating distraction while you're working so we'll certainly get this looked into. When this type of problem has been mentioned before on the community it tends to be the power supply at fault, can you double check that this is the case? I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional info to get a replacement out to you.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos