Menu
Anca
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi! The dog chewed the wires from outside the house

The dog chewed the wires from outside the house and I don't know my account number to call customer service. What can I do? Thank you in advance
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hi! The dog chewed the wires from outside the house

You can stay on the line when asked the questions and you'll be put through eventually, but tell me why you haven't simply logged into My VirginMedia using your e-mail address and password and you'll get your account number displayed?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Anca welcome to the virginmedia community forum, does your services still work?, since it will be a few days for the forum admin to get back to you, its possible might need to have the cable re pulled from the street/cabinet depending on the cabling in your area, since the cable should have been inside ducting, not sure if there will be a fee for this. since isn't a fault caused by virginmedia..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can wait here - will flag the thread and hopefully VM will get here a little quicker than the week it normally takes - you can ring - you dont need the account number - there are other ways

your choice but as said will try and get VM here a little quicker

Tony
Anca
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My service is still working and the wires were not ducting (sorry for bad english, not my first language)
0 Kudos
Anca
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you please tell me what other ways are? When I call customer service I have to put in the account number in order to get trough to them. Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can stay on the line when asked the questions and you'll be put through eventually, but tell me why you haven't simply logged into My VirginMedia using your e-mail address and password and you'll get your account number displayed?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Anca
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All done! A technician will come and fix it free of charge. Thank you