Menu
wB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help W8 outage

I've had intermittent broadband connection issues and a complete outage for most of today (W8 7NG). Can't get any useful info from the helpline who are saying it might not be fixed until Monday or later! The automated system has said an engineer is on their way since early this afternoon.

Can anyone provide a helpful update. I've never had an outage for this long with any previous provider.
0 Kudos
wB1
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help W8 outage

Broadband still out. 150 team have no info, twitter team have no info and nothing on here. Is this seriously how virgin treats its customers? Shocking!
0 Kudos
DukeWeston
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same situation in nearby W4. Out since yesterday evening. Estimate was a for a fix at 17:00 today, but that time has passed and the online estimate now says 14:05 tomorrow. (It's impressive that they can be so accurate as to specify 14:05).
0 Kudos
wB1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At least you've seen an update. W8 issue hadn't had DM update since Friday 17th at noon when it said it would be fixed Monday 20th at 4pm. Still no call back from a manager despite being promised one at 4pm yesterday.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello both,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent loss of service, I know this can be a real inconvenience.

I'm unable to locate your account info, but I hope you're both back up and running by now.

Please let me know if you're still struggling and I'll happily investigate further.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wB1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

Hello both,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your recent loss of service, I know this can be a real inconvenience.

I'm unable to locate your account info, but I hope you're both back up and running by now.

Please let me know if you're still struggling and I'll happily investigate further.

Thanks again,

Take care.

It's been nearly a week since I posted my request for help. I am simply flabbergasted by how poor every single aspect of Virgin Customer service has been around this issue - the call centre, twitter team and support forum have all failed abysmally to assist me and the outage took a full 5 days to resolve the area outage. I will be writing to Tom Mockridge, the CEO of Virgin Media, to share my experience.  

0 Kudos