Menu
ph34rc0wb0y
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Help: Slow, failing iTunes downloads and WiFi issues since SuperHub 2ac Firmware Glitch

Hey,

Since the issue with the SuperHub 2ac firmware posted here previously, for some reason when trying to download anything from the iTunes Store it's incredibly slow and stopping/failing.

My speedtest.net results show 8ms ping with 99.23mbps download speed and 6.26mbps upload speed, and I am directly connected to my SuperHub 2ac using an ethernet cable. The files I am trying to download are updated versions of apps ranging from 55.2mb to 194.2mb and before the firmware issues would download quickly but now show "10 minutes remaining..." and increasing slowly before eventually either restarting or showing errors.

Wondering if someone can have a look and confirm if there's any issues. I've tried downloads from other services which have all seemed fine so far, and have recently done a factory reset of the router which doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Also since the firmware issue, but possibly unrelated, but it seems the WiFi on my router takes longer to initialize for both 2.4 and 5GHz channels. I've tried adjusting the channels via the router settings using inSSIDer to map the best channels to use, but this doesn't seem to help, and I've been experiencing difficulties with the channels seemingly dropping out whilst using my mobile devices and games consoles.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help: Slow, failing iTunes downloads and WiFi issues since SuperHub 2ac Firmware Glitch

Check which version of firmware you have ATM..

AFAIK most people have received the "update to the update" , so even if it was an issue caused by that, should be fine now...

0 Kudos