Menu
mikkijbarrett
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HELP!

I received my 'quick start' hub and tv after being told in store that it was suitable as Virgin was the provider before I moved in. So set it all up and it just stops at the first hurdle saying 'connection error (7001)'
I called the team however told me I need an engineer... a three week wait... I'm a student on a degree course with a 6 year old and both of our work is online. I have deadlines next week and am really really annoyed I have to wait three weeks which if this is the case I will have to rejoin Sky (more money I have to pay out which I currently can't afford after joining virgin)
Is there anyway of sorting this myself please before I leave this company after one day!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP!

if the cabling to the building has been damaged then VM had no way of knowing and will need a engineer to fix.

Not anything you can do if its a cable fault
0 Kudos
mikkijbarrett
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP

Well I've just spoken to a friend in the same area who called yesterday evening and they have an engineer coming out tomorrow... I have to wait three weeks?! Getting a full refund tomorrow and taking the lot back I have too much to do and not able to do it!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it depends on the fault. if its a cable repull its a 2 man team and not a standard engineer
0 Kudos
mikkijbarrett
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry just think three weeks is absolutely disgraceful. That date in three weeks I can't even do because I'm at university then at work! So annoyed with this service not a good start!
0 Kudos