Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 17 (999 Views)

Re: Green light flashing!

The Airport utility is perfect. Thank you.
Can anyone tell me, should I want to manually select channels, which are the choices for the 2.4 and 5ghz? I've read info somewhere but forget where I found it.
Also is it unwise to manually select? I know automatic settings are probably more logical to use?
Anyway I'm going to monitor other people's channels to see if they change to see if there's any point manually changing ours?!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 17 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Internet has just gone off!? Solid green this time no flashing? I don't get it why there should be times it's doing things like this?
What does it mean if its (the internet) gone off and solid green light? Will it revert to normal or have I to switch it off/on or something?

Edit also see the wifi icon is green and the 2 diagonal arrows are flashing green.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 17 (988 Views)

Well, we resorted to calling them and basically nothing was resolved and we've ended up with an engineer appointment on thurs. So unless it fixes itself we have to wait until then for internet to be dealt with. Lovely.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 17 (984 Views)

Ok another update, we now had service visit cancelled because they've found a network problem in the area and they'll confirm it once it's resolved.
Log in page now states 1 known issue in the area and fix estimate shows today with a time of 22:20. No idea how a specific time can be given but hoping it is fixed and all back to normal.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 15 of 17 (972 Views)

Still not fixed. Update text at midnight then stated expect fix today at 4:20. Hoping this isn't the start of fun and games with dates and times but nothing actually happening.
Also we wondered if this issue/fix would have been alerted to us had we not been in touch with them. Guessing others in the area are also in the same boat as us so would be nice to think others had reported the problem.
Fingers crossed it's fixed soon. I don't know if the time they state is when it should be done by or if it's a time when someone will get to starting on it?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17 (961 Views)

Hello funkin79,

Thanks for keeping your thread up to date, apologies for not replying sooner.

I've just checked your Hub and I'm pleased to see that you're back up and running.

Thanks again for posting, please let me know if there's anything else you need help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 17 of 17 (533 Views)

I've just bought a netgear adapter to get internet coverage in the front upstairs of the house. It's working well. Bought it from the virgin store as it was cheaper than anywhere else.
0 Kudos