Menu
amy31louise
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Green light flashing on Hub 3.0

I am having issues connecting to the internet because the hub is flashing green and not white like it should be
0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green light flashing on Hub 3.0

Hello there,

Can you go into your Superhub.. and go to Check router status on the Login Page.

either by, 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1

and go to Network log, and look for: CM-Mac and CMTS-MAC

and go to: www.macvendors.com and look up the Mac Addresses of both of these: CM-MACCMTS-MAC Addresses If they come up with ARRIS GROUP or CADANT INC. its definitely Server side.. and you and many other people have to wait for a Software or firmware update for the Superhub. to fix the problems.. 

As there is a known issues with the Superhub 3.0 at the moment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Howdy amy31louise!

Many thanks for your post.

Really sorry to hear about the connection problems that you've been facing recently.

I can see that you have called us since posting to resolve this for you.

It appears that there was a little hiccup with equipment activation and that a technician has ensured that you're now up and running, which is great!

Let me know if there is anything more that I can help with.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
prvsnair
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I am having the same issue in setting up. I decided to pay the premium price for virgin thinking they would give a better service, but the decision looks to be the wrong one.

The previous tenant had a virgin media connection, there are 2 black coaxial cables in the house (which i assumed is after the splitter and the splitter is somewhere outside the house). There was no virgin media box as well.

I tried connecting both the cables, left it for different intervals, 30mins, 1hour, 2hour, 15 mintues. Everytime, the base LED is flashing green light. 

And the funny thing is that, the technical support team is not able to tell whether i am using the correct cable or whether they can detect that the modem has been connected to the cable or not.  Everytime the person told it has been activated and i am ready to go. But nothing happens. Next time when i call, the new person who attends the call would say the activation didn't happen last time, i have done it again, wait for an hour.

Finally the third time, they said an engineer is requied  and he can come only next tuesday (which is 7 days from now).  I don't know what is going on. Doesn't virgin have a technical team whom we can talk to and help over phone ? Don't they have a way to check whether the modem is connected to the line or not ?

I checked loging into wifi and checked the network status on 192.168.0.1, it shows DS scanning all the time. 

Don't know what to do about this.  Very sad that i made this decision.

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

prvsnair wrote:

Don't they have a way to check whether the modem is connected to the line or not ?

Not if the modem/Hub is not connected or activated. Most likely there is a break in the line somewhere, which needs connecting back together. Possibly at the cabinet. Or it may be that your power levels are too far out of alignment (the previous tenant could have had splitters/forward path attenuators etc which radically altered the power levels into the modem).

Wait for the engineer to sort it all out for you.

prvsnair
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thanks for the inputs, it did help, it is working well for me now. Really appreciate the connection.

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos
FLeitao
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I´m having the same flashing green light issue and cannot get through to a VM technician. Could you help?

AN: removed
AR: 21

Thanks

FL

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi FLeitao, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having the same issues with flashing green lights, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that all of your downstream power levels are too low and will need to be looked at by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joeymuck
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm also having this problem.

I've tried to restart the hub without success.

Any suggestions?

Ta

Jo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joeymuck, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and there has been an issue in your area for FECS and SNR this has now settled, however your modem SNR is low and there is a high number of T3 time outs. 

I will pop you a PM so we can arrange an engineer. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos